Wednesday 12 May 2010

Time to machine out the rest!

Just finished my time machine scene!
:)

I pulled an all-nighter last night and I've worked solidly on it since about 12 last night, I also added in a few more random wires to make it look a little more hectic.

I encountered a massive problem with it though, while I was texturing it I was texturing it with 2k textures so I could use the resolution if I needed it then reduce them down and towards the end of the texturing it was getting a bit ridiculous render time wise. Where half my scene is pretty much made out of duplicates my pc was having trouble rendering it with just the original models I textured in it.

So I dread to think what it will be like now...

Half the model was rendering out at about 4-6 minutes after I went and ripped most of the resolution out of the render with only half of it...

I'm rendering a frame now though, so we'll just have to wait and see!

So tomorrow I'm going to go back and attack my jungle then hopefully have it ready for Friday evening to try and start it rendering, but if it's too tight I'll start rendering the jungle Monday morning, as I have managed to make up a day by working through last night, although tomorrow will blatantly suffer for it.

So tomorrows plans include adding a little butterfly into the jungle environment, rip apart all my textures and get them down at as low res as possible then finish tweaking my lighting and match the background to it!
So lots on my plate...

May pull another all-nighter tomorrow if I can manage it and try and have my jungle done by Friday morning.

I think I'm starting to repeat myself and I'm starting to waffle on a bit, so that's time for bed!

...before my eyes melt out of my head from staring at this damn screen for too long much...

I wanted to have a nice render to post up here at the end but the render I was doing when I started writing this is still going....

...
@ Alan - I might have to have to get u to take a look at my scene, see if there's any way to speed up the rendering process, if you're about tomorrow.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments: