Friday 5 February 2010

As dead as a dinosaur...

I began researching into the time period that’s stated in the story that Time Safari Inc. travels to for some dino hunting.

So Time Safari Inc. has a sign up saying:
TIME SAFARI, INC.
SAFARIS TO ANY YEAR IN THE PAST.
YOU NAME THE ANIMAL.
WE TAKE YOU THERE.
YOU SHOOT IT.

They travel back to ‘Sixty million two thousand and fifty-five years before President Keith’, president Keith is the newly elected president of the US in the story, in the year 2055.

Therefore Time Safari Inc. travel back to the year 60,000,000 to kill a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Museum scientists reveal that dinosaur diversity was decreasing millions of years before the mass extinction 65 million years ago. (The articles quite interesting to if you have a read)
I see a problem here...

Bit of info by the Natural History Museum about the Tyrannosaurus as well

The Tyrannosaurus lived right until the end of the era of the dinosaurs but that’s still 5 million years too early for Time Safari Inc. to have gone T-Rex hunting in 60,000,000 BC.

So now I’m considering sticking to the story or sticking to the facts...

Do I research into the end of the Cretaceous period and alter the year that Time Safari Inc. travel back to. Or do I research into 60,000,000 BC and find out what the world was like after the great meteor hit the earth. Then show Time Safari Inc. the horror that 60,000,000 BC would have been? With no more path to walk on or potential landing pad for the time machine merely opening the door to this world could be catastrophic in terms of altering the future!

I’m quite excited about this now!

I think I’ll follow up both era’s so I’ve got some options then make a decision between the 2.

No comments: