Friday 2 October 2009

Yet more pretty picture by people other than myself

I thought I’d upload some more pretty pictures before getting stuck in with the concept stuff as I started reading through my description of the city and found various references to places Lovecraft used to describe the city and I hadn’t gone through and looked at them yet:

The Ruins of Macchu Picchu in the Andes, Peru
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
These 2 below give you a nice insight into cyclopean masonry as well
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Snake Tomb in the valley of Petra
Photobucket

Garden of the Gods, Colorado
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then other than the work of Nicholas Roerich and his Asian mountain paintings all the other bits of and bobs Lovecraft referered to seem to have been fictional, anyway Roerich’s paintings:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I thought I’d also find some pictures of Antarctica as well for a bit more of an insight into what might have greeted the party when they arrived:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nice little satellite photo of Antarctica
Photobucket

Also last night I went on a bit of a hunt for any possible artwork done of the ‘old ones’ city, and I turned up some interesting stuff:
(Using DeviantART usernames to acredit artists etc)

Ox3art
Photobucket

Subtrocity
Photobucket

MarcSimone
Photobucket

AllicornUK
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pickmans-Mode
Photobucket

Another one by Danny Cruz
Photobucket

And I also found this piece which I uploaded in an earlier piece to be by Subtraho
Photobucket

Then following on from this I did some more general digging on DeviantART to find ancient cities and other such inspirational material:

Greenleaf-Stock
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tonyelie
Photobucket

JJasso
Photobucket

Nancynismo – I like the way the architecture has images of possibly the ancient inhabitants or dinosaurs but thought it was relevant due to the way the ‘Old ones’ city has loads of star symbols scattered all over it
Photobucket

GlacialWaters - Looks a bit more futuristic but I like the general packed in style of it
Photobucket

Now on with the concept stuff as I think I’ve gathered enough resource material for now...

No comments: