Thursday 2 April 2009

Simulated Environments

Just had my crit fairly pleased with the results of my piece although since I’ve got home I’ve been picking holes in it.

The legs I feel look far to robotic while Cerberus is walking because there’s no flex in his toes, then later when he cuts the pureicent in half he turns round and as he turns and swings his spear his body’s moving. However as soon as his spear reaches the point in the middle of the pureicents chest his body stops dead and his arm keeps going and after watching it back a few times its just irritatingly wrong!

Can’t believe I didn’t notice it before, I know how I’ve managed to do it though as I was animating the swing to the central point of the chest and I had a fair number of problems with getting the spear to not spaz out right before the blade hit the centre of his chest and looked like he was making a cake in the pureicents chest or something, then I clearly just animated the blade upwards and didn’t continue on with the movement of his body.

It’s really pissed me off how simple a thing I’ve missed!
On top of that when Cerberus cuts through the Pureicents head part of the handle nearest the blade pushes through his head which is ever so slightly noticeable. Then following the I’m not too sure about the particles emitting from the centre but I had made 2 duplicated and aligned them along each side of the Pureicents would then tried blendshaping them and making them emit later than the centre bit the particle count was crazy n my pc kept dying. What’s worse is I’ve just realised I could have used a lattice instead of a blendshape and it probably would have worked...
Bummer :(

Then theres the obvious problems with it that i mensioned earlier in my blog about the Pureicent being really simple in terms of geometry and not being modelled in the correct way in terms of edge loops running round the body. As well as the

So when it comes to the Transcrition animation I’m going to attack it all guns blazing and try and finesse the hell out of it!

Anyway here's a few little renders and textures of varous bits and bobs

Scene
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ground Texture
Photobucket
Sky Texture
Photobucket
Ships Mast Texture
Photobucket
Sails Texture
Photobucket
Photobucket
Flowerpop
Photobucket
Photobucket
Flowerpop Texture
Photobucket

Pureicent
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pureicent Texture
Photobucket

Swivel Bitch


Cerberus Texture
Photobucket
Photobucket


And here's the badboy in action

No comments: