Monday 9 March 2009

Simulated Environments - Film Time

I've had a bit more of an idea about how I'm going to go about making something from my image and it hit me that the pictures a surrealist picture why not make a crazy type surreal game.

So I’ve decided the best place to set this is in the most surreal and yet realistic setting, a dreamscape.

The fact that there is no boundary’s in terms of what could happen as it’s a dream could produce some very interesting plot twists, for example you could be walk through a forest which while you’re walking through could turn into the inside of a factory etc. The fact it would be a dream would also allow me to be creative in terms of the environment and like the picture turn the game into a surreal experience possibly with vivid flowing colours and intense darkness which could make this contrast between the darkness and the light that much more dramatic.
I’m thinking of adapting the basic concept I was thinking of before and placing it in a dream so the darkness is like nightmare and the bright pastely cubes being a crazy surreal dream.

Photobucket

A film called The Science Of Sleep came to mind which started me thinking about this direction and I’ve also got film called MirrorMask which I’m pretty sure has something to do with dreams. (Made by Dave Mckean as well so I’m quite interested to watch it)
Photobucket

I’m also currently getting my mits on Vanilla sky as well as that’s got some strong links with dreams n nightmares.
Photobucket

But after typing this I got side tracked and have just found a list of 5 surreal dream films to watch for a bit more of an insight and a bit of research to help my ideas form up a bit more.

Top 5


Requiem for a Dream
Photobucket

Waking Life
Photobucket

The Cell
Photobucket

What Dreams May Come
Photobucket

Dreamscape
Photobucket

So next comes a bit of a film marathon to try get my brain motivated

No comments: